I don't know about you but I am Brayer challenged!! I just can't seem to get the ink to blend without lines. So frusted as I was I decided to back to what I trust...my watercolour pencils. Here is how I created the background for this card.
1. Cut a small circle out of Post-It notes
2. Place Post-It where I want the "moon" to go
3. Starting with the lightest colour (yellow) first I started colouring the background. Then changing to light orange and then dark orange.
4. Take a baby wipe and wrap it around your finger and wipe it over the coloured area.
5. The wipe is wet enough to blend the colours, but not to wet that it wrinkles the paper.