Friday, November 28, 2008

Short Cuts DT call-Frosted card

Another card made with Short Cuts Frosted Card Blanks. Wow these card blanks are awesome! They are so fun to play with and easy to use. Don't forget to stop by Short Cuts blog and leave a comment on your favorites. There are 10 hopeful DT's with lots of sweet items for you to see.

So I found this bird pattern at Scrapbooks Etc (under the title of "Nature Paper-Piecing) along with a couple more. I love this bird!! I hoped I would put the right colours together to make it pretty and I think I managed to do just that. Add a little glitter and a frosted card for a soft look and here you go! Putting the bird on a frosted card really hightlighted the details and added dimension.
Supplies
Frosted Card blank-Short Cuts
Bird Pattern-Scrapbooks Etc.
Stamps-December word puzzle-CTMH
Pattern Paper-K&Company Christmas Pack
Glitter-Martha Stewart
White Hemp, cardstock and Desert sand ink-CTMH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is super gorgeous!

Cracker Scraps said...

Hi, I too am a finalist but just have fallen in love with this bird. I thought I could never draw that! Could you please post the page with the bird outline on your blog so that I can copy it! It is very elegant!

Cracker Scraps said...

I forgot to ask, I'm checking the email folow-up box!

Melyssa said...

You can find the bird pattern and many other FREE patterns here
http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/magazine/piecetalk/ scroll down the middle left side to a list of titles under Patterns by theme to the very last title called Nature Paper Piecings, a page will pop up featuring the bird, click the tab to the right of pic "download the patterns here"
Have fun!!