Monday, January 5, 2009

Seize the Cupcake

Bisous has a paper line that are pre-designed quick pages called PDQ pages (Pretty Darn Quick….I think that is what they are called), all you have to do is add photos and journaling. I took one of these pages and cut it up to make cards. There are so many beautiful patterns on one page I couldn’t just make a page with it, I had to spread it out and make a couple of cards. Here is a card I just finished.


I wanted to add another matt around the Piggies because the white just wasn’t standing out enough but I didn’t want the “weight” of another colour. My solution? I inked the edges of a clear sheet from Short Cuts. Now I have an “invisible” layer with a touch of colour. You probably can’t see it but I also hand stitched little pearls on the lace.
Supplies
Stamps
Nursey Bash-CTMH
Cupcakes-Inadinkado
Paper-Bisous
Pantone Markers
Ink-CTMH
Glitter-Martha Stewart

6 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Melyssa - this is just the cutest card - I have a friend who loves pig and she would adore something like this. I tried to locate a place that carries Bisous, but couldn't - can you please send me the link to where I can go - this sounds right up my alley - I like something that's Pretty Darn Quick :) Thanks

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute! I really like your clear mat, it looks fantastic.

Laura said...

I just love the image the piggies are so cute!!!
thanks for sharing!

Laura

Anne said...

This is a great card-I just love it-so much work and detail-the pearls, the mat, the coloring-Love it!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh how cute! This looks like me right now after the holidays (: LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this stamp set...very adorable!