Thursday, May 7, 2009

ShortCuts Hello flower card

Good morning folks. I hope your week is going great. Mine has been....well interesting. I have a couple of announcements I'll be making in the next week or so. For now I get to show you a new card. I couldn't wait to post this card! Using ShortCuts clear cards have changed my way of card making. I know you can make cards with layers and using pop dots to add dimension but a plain card just can't give you the depth like clear cards can!! Take these flowers for example, don't they look like they are inbetween fields?


Michael's had a sale on adhesive backed felf so I grabbed a bunch of colours. I knew I wanted to make my own felt flowers and the fact they all ready had adhesive was a bonus!!! Then I just ran them through my Big Shot with a Sizzix flower die. It works perfectly!! Then I added the yellow promo flower and buttons and there ya go a field of flowers. Well if you can call two flowers a "field" that is. LOL

Supplies
Clear card blank-ShortCuts
Felt flowers-Michaels Felt and Sizzix Die
Paper-Making Memories-Chloe's Closet

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love this, you are so dang creative, can you send me some of that creativity?

Linda said...

This card is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Jacilynn said...

this is crazy cute! Love it. Where do you get your clear cards from???

BeccaRoo said...

Aww this is very cute!!