Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do!

 Well I've put it off as long as I can and now it's time to let you know that I am saying goodbye to my position on the Paper Makeup Design Team. It is a sad decision on my part.
It is hard to leave, especially a team that is so full of energy and support.  The ladies of this team always made me smile, I never knew what they'd come out with next.  That was the magic of this team, and the owner herself is just if not more wonderful.  I will miss Katie most.

Ok enough with the sad stuff, I have some Paper Makeup Cards to show you using the halloween set called Spooky Solids and Spooky Sentiments.  I know it's too early for Halloween but I just can't resist.

For this card I stamped the skull on Kraft cardstock and coloured it in with a white Prisma colouring pencil.  (they rock!!).  I didn't blend the pencil I just let it blend itself.  That's what is so great about Prisma pencils, with enough pressure they work themselves out.
-After I stamped the spiders I added a little grey shadow underneath with Copic Grey W1, just to give a little dimension. 
-You can also just stamp a second spider slightly down from the original in grey ink if you don't like to freehand. 
-With a pencil lightly draw lines down to the center of each spider, punch holes along the pencil line and tread through the holes. 
-or use a sewing machine to stitch the lines. 
**Start at the spiders head and work your way up.  That way you won't end up with the stiticing inside the spiders head.
Materials used
Spooky Solids-Paper Makeup
Spooky Sentiments-Paper Makeup
Kraft cardstock-Paper Trey Ink
Spellbinders labels 9

6 comments:

Shaela said...

fabulous halloween cards - you will be missed! :)

Anonymous said...

SO sad to see you go Melyssa! I'm a huge fan of yours though so I won't be far :)

Christi Flores said...

We are going to miss you SO much!! Please do not be a stranger! LOVE your cards!!!!

Danni said...

Awww, I'm going to miss being on the team with you but I will still visit your blog often!!
hugs!! and great cards!

~*Joni said...

Awww! I know the gals at PMS will miss your work Melyssa! And yes, Katie is too sweet for words. :D Love this Halloween card, the skulls look fantasink on kraft cs, and the pencils sound like me - with a little bit of pressure they work themselves out. lol! Adorable spiders and stitching too!

Sari Hänninen said...

I just love that u've started off the Halloween season.... I'm loving Halloween all year round... :-)