Saturday, June 26, 2010

Amelia and Oliver

Happy Saturday!  Have you ever made too many cards??  Well sometimes I get carried away, I love colouring the hair on The Greeting Farms images.  So I end up with a bunch of stamped images with coloured hair and nothing else.  LOL
For the first card I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone and colour Amelia's hair a strawberry red.  I know I didn't go to far out of my zone but I did use a really red rather than say a strawberry blond or something like that.  I'm glad I did, I think the colour turned out great!
For the second card I used the aborable Oliver.  Now I can never decide if I should add colour to the part of the image that the fish bowl shows or not.  So I decided not too so the fish would stand out better.
Both these cuties are in one stamp set and are only $16.00.  Aren't they adorable??  If you want to check this set out for yourself stop here.  There are 3 sets of Oliver and Amelia doing different things.

Oh and I actually wrote down what colours I used to colour Amelia's hair so I can share with you
The reds for her hair are
R43,46 and 59

10 comments:

Danni said...

These are just darling!

Unknown said...

melyssa...these are fabulous! your coloring is out-of-this-world! awesome job!

Kay D said...

These are beautiful, and I can see why you like to color the hair so much- your coloring is SUPERB!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I LOVE how her hair turned out Melyssa!! Im like you I love coloring their hair and have a ton laying around w/diff combos!LOL!! Im confused about the combo you listed the 46 and 09 are those red?!

Melyssa said...

Opps I think I wrote down the wrong colours, I fixed the list.

Sorry about that.

ChickieChirps said...

I love the red hair... it looks great! Both cards are gorgeous and your colouring is superb!

Arabella

Unknown said...

what gorgeous cards I LOVE the red of Amelias hair am gonna have to get those reds and give it a go gorgeous cards

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Melyssa-
Amelia and Oliver stamps are just adorable. Strawberry red hair....BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the Oliver stamps...since I have 2 boys at home!! Great work.

Calypso

Kim said...

Adorable! I can see why you like doing hair, your are brilliant at it!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Hey Melyssa just wanted to pop on her again and let you know I gave you a shout out on my blog today since I used the hair color combo! Thanks again!