Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Owl fridge magnet

Today I'm going to show you a little felt magnet I made using the Halloween Hootenannies Owl pattern.  I wanted to make something out of felt for a while now but I only had 1 white sheet so I was holding off till I could get more colours.  Well it turns out I'm not that patient so I looked around my craft room for something I could use to dye the felt.  I found my Copic refills and as I crossed my fingers hoping it would work I set out to dye the felt with the marker ink.  Well it worked!!  It took a while for the ink to dry and made the felt a little stiff but I managed to make a little Owl magnet.
Here's a card I made using the same image
If you want to see the full tutorial on how I made this owl stop by the Whimsie Doodles blog for all the details.

1 comment:

Country Mouse said...

That felt owl is too cute!!! I love the color combo! And your card is adorable too! I bought this set..I think I need to use it..today!!! LOL