Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frightfully Spooky Halloween

The other day I was surfing the net and came across a halloween scene image.  I immediately thought I could make that with Torico's new "Bugs and Hisses" stamp set from There She Goes Stamps.  So I set out to give it a try.  I even remembered to take a couple photos of the process.

Step 1: Cut hill shapes from Post It Notes. Lightly trace the hill shapes in pencil.
 Step 2: Lay your acrylic block on top of the hill and bend the fence to fit the shape.
 Step 3: Stamp the fence around both hills.  Gradually stamp the fence lower until it disappears.
 Step 4: Stamp the trees and head stones.  Trace the lines with a Copic Multiliner then erase the pencil lines.
 Step 5: Colour the hill closest to you the darkest and the one farthest away the lightest.
 Step 6: Punch a circle from a Post It Note and place on image.
 Step 7: Use Various Ink Refills to drop grey ink onto Q-Tip. (cotton swab)
 Step 8: Create clouds by moving Q-Tip side to side with W3.
 Step 9: Repeat step 8 using W5.
 Step 10: Cover sky with W1.  Blend into the clouds.
 Step 11: Remove Post It "moon"
 Step 12: Use Y35 and make a half moon shape at the moon's bottom.
 Step 13.  Add YR14 over the half moon shape.
 Step 14: Add YR12 around the moon
 Step 15: Colour over the entire moon with Y32.
 Step 16: Stamp bats and add shadows.

Step 17: Trim scene, stamp sentiment and mat onto card.  
I sponged around the edges with black ink.

11 comments:

Lori said...

I love this card!! It's beautiful...in a spooky kind of way.

Kim O'Connell said...

This is SO cool!

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable, Melyssa! I love how you created the spooky might time sky with the reinkers!

April said...

That is AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!! It screams Halloween!

Torico said...

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much for the step-by-step photos!

Thanh Vo said...

This is SO flippin cool, Melyssa! Thanks for the awesome tutorial.. I will have to give this a try one day.

Barbara DeBose said...

OMG! This is genious!!! You are so amazing!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

wow this is Amazing but look soo time consuming on 1 card. love it though! hope someone special is receiving this to appreciate all the hard work that went into making it!
Hugs, Heidi

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is a fantastic card!

Torrey said...

Oh my, oh my, oh me oh my...Your Copic skillz are MAD, girl! What an awesome card and a great tutorial. I am in awe.

Emilie said...

Really awesome, Love it :D