Thursday, January 12, 2012

Great catch Valentine

I've been searching for something to "perch" my cards on for a long time.  Just something that wouldn't be noticed but would elevate my card to capture the best light.  Then it hit me, the top of a scented candle jar would be perfect!  It's glass and not too high and I have tons since I can't bring myself to throw out the jars when the candle is gone.  This card is based on Verve's first sketch for January.  I used the digi stamp Great Catch from Whimsie Doodles to make the card.
One Crazy Stamper is also hosting a colour challenge Red/White + One other colour and would you look at that my dragon is red and pink on a white background. 
You can find all the sketch challenge details HERE.
Materials
Martha Stewarts Valentine's Day Collection Mat pad
Ranger distress ink-Victorian Velvet
Copics- 1 fish-R46,24,14 and 2 fish-R22,20
Sand-E34,31
Water-BG10

Catch the details here on how to make that cute "fish hook" from a paper clip.

7 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

This is fantastic!!! Love the image and your coloring is awesome!! Great job with the sketch, too. Thanks for sponsoring The Ribbon Carousel this month :)

Rachel Parys said...

Huge fan! Super cute fish card! Love the pinks and reds!!!

jonim52 said...

What a super cute card.Thanks for joining us at OCS.

Jenny said...

Wowza!! LOVE this Melyssa:):) too cute!

Shari said...

Wow, another sweet card - love your style! Again, thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

Sue said...

A great card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper

Madge H. said...

Very cute - love the colors.Thanks for joining us at OCS for the January Challenge.