Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skater Ian birthday card

I'm pretty excited about this card. First of all I made the background myself!! I chalked the sky and used markers for the ground. Brads were used for the wheels. The second reason is I think I managed to keep it plain and boyish. This card is for my son's friend and if it hints at girlish he won't like it. So I tried really hard not to embellish it.

Supplies-Spellbinders labels two, Skater Ian-The Greeting Farm, Pebbles Inc chalk, Pantone markers, Cuttlebug swiss dots folder.

5 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

That background is AMAZING!!!!!

Sara said...

Very cute, you did a great job with keeping this not girly.

Kristine said...

Hi Melyssa!
I love your cards;)
There is an award for you on my blog!
Hugs from Kristine

Carmen said...

The bg is fab!!! This is a cute card.

Dru said...

This is so cute, I was recently introduced to this line and this littel Ian reminds me so much of my grandson - it's a definite must have. Great card - love it