Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skater Ian birthday card

I'm pretty excited about this card. First of all I made the background myself!! I chalked the sky and used markers for the ground. Brads were used for the wheels. The second reason is I think I managed to keep it plain and boyish. This card is for my son's friend and if it hints at girlish he won't like it. So I tried really hard not to embellish it.

Supplies-Spellbinders labels two, Skater Ian-The Greeting Farm, Pebbles Inc chalk, Pantone markers, Cuttlebug swiss dots folder.

6 comments:

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

That background is AMAZING!!!!!

Sara said...

Very cute, you did a great job with keeping this not girly.

Kristine said...

Hi Melyssa!
I love your cards;)
There is an award for you on my blog!
Hugs from Kristine

Carmen said...

The bg is fab!!! This is a cute card.

Scrubbysue said...

What a great card! your coloring is superb and the stamped image is adorable. Speaking of adorable, that kitten wrapped around the wrist is too funny! LOL TFS!

Dru said...

This is so cute, I was recently introduced to this line and this littel Ian reminds me so much of my grandson - it's a definite must have. Great card - love it