Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Butterfly Bombshell card and Sketch Challenge

Well I'm going to try and do a sketch challenge. Sketches are so popular and I've seen some pretty amazing cards due to sketches. So I made some up and I'll be posting them here with a card I made based on the sketch. Let me know what you think. And leave me a link if you've made a card based on this sketch. I'd LOVE to see it!
Here's the card.

I wanted to make the card vintage with the look of scraps. I found this sentiment, printed one off and knew the prefect stamp was from Bombshell stamps. This butterfly is from "Butterfly Queen" stamp set. It's just the perfect size with lots of detail. I love putting stickles on these to make them sparkle.

supplies
Butterfly Queen-Bombshell stamps
Ribbon-Michaels
Buttons-Autumn Leaves
distress ink-Ranger (vintage photo)
Labels 3 and 4-Spellbinders

2 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

this is gorgeous!

~*Joni said...

Beeeautiful card Melyssa! And it's based on such a wonderful sketch. I think I will try my hand at it as I have several cards I need to work on tonight! Thank you for the inspiration, your butterly card is such a work of art. :D