Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Dad's Day

When my son was little "Father's Day" confused him because he had a "Dad" not a "Father" so we called "Father's Day" "Dad's Day" instead. So when I was playing with this new stamp "Hot Stuff" from Whimsie Doodles (which by the way reminds me of my husband prancing around as King of the grill) I made a sentiment says "Happy Dad's Day" in kidprint. I wanted to keep the card pretty simple with a checkered print to give it a feel of a picnic.
Hot Stuff digital stamp-Whimsie Doodles
kraft paper-SU
Spellbinders-ribbon slides
Cuttlebug-Swiss dot folder

2 comments:

~*Joni said...

Super cute!! I love that it's a bbq and that daddy turtle is king of the grill. lol! :D Cute layout Melyssa, and the details are so perfect for him. Wonderful card again!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Perfect mix of masculine for Father's day and whimsical for adding a smile. Wonderful image and the gingham background is picnic perfection!