Saturday, December 5, 2009

My new Copic Storage Unit

So some of you already know that I have jumped on the Copic band wagon!! So the next step is to get storage for my new most favorite thing in the world. I hate to have to spend major dollars for my already too expensive habit so I was looking for a cheap solution. And between my husband and I we came up with something pretty cool. (atleast I think it's cool).

So we bought some plastic pipe at the hardware store, I decided how long I wanted the pieces and hubby cut. We sanded the rough edges, crazy glued the whole thing together and here is the result....

  It holds 12 Ciao or 10 Sketch Copics per tube.  There are 12 tubes so it will hold 120 Sketch or 144 Ciao markers.  And it only cost $10.00!!  The best part is that I can add more tubes as my collection grows.
 
I love my hubby, he's the best!!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cool idea!

TFS

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This is FABULOUS! Great idea and great execution!!

Ursula's Kreativecke said...

Ist ja eine geniale Idee!
Gruß Ursula

Linda said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

KymKreates said...

Great idea!!! Always looking for SMART things like this!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! This is really cool..it's pretty too with all of your colorful markers so neatly organized! Hubby are good, aren't they? ;)
Have a happy Sunday!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I know what my hubby is doing today - thanks for sharing this great idea!

Debby said...

Fabulous idea! Love your blog and thanks for the black hair tutorial!

KanataNewf said...

Now this is an awesome idea for storage.

June Nelson said...

Amazing idea, I have just found your blog and its beautiful im busy working my way through it lol, brilliant xxxx

Teresa (aka tmom) said...

That's a great way to store them, may have to work on that myself. I have been saving the half size Pringle cans with the intention of glueing them together for mine.

Jessica said...

Now that is a very good idea! Thanks for sharing. What a lucky lady you are, with that great hubby!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!