Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Red hair challenge #72

iCopic lover is hosting a colour challenge #72 this week and it's one of my favorites!  The challenge is to colour RED hair!!! Eeeek!!  I think this is one of my most favorite colours for hair.  I used the YR series for her hair, it's not exactly red but it's a more strawberry blond (on the orange side). LOL
I used a Social Teen doll head from Whimsie Doodles to make this card.  They have big heads that are perfect for customizing with hair clips, earrings or any other accessory.  This card was created specifically with my best friends daughter in mind.  She has gorgeous red hair and hazel green eyes and LOVE Angry Birds.  So I picked up that Angry Bird hair clip from Daisy Doo's Hair Clips, cut two slots in the hair and slipped the bow through.  Now the card IS the gift!

Materials:
Doll head-Whimsie Doodles
Copic Markers: Eyes-YG91,93
Hair-YR12,E97,YR18 *my favorite combo
Paper-Blush (Lost & Found)-My Mind's Eye

5 comments:

Deonna B said...

Great coloring of red hair. I saw you on the iCopic blog and had to pop in to see. Wonderful!

Maire Gamber said...

Wow! I love everything about this card! Love the hair and embellishments! Wonderful job! Thank you for playing along with the iCopic Challenge!
Hugs,
Marie

Jan Hunnicutt said...

She is GORGEOUS! Great job with her "red" hair, love it :) Congrats on placing in the challenge too!

Jenny said...

Very cool idea Melyssa! great job with the hair...

Maire Gamber said...

Wow! Such a cute card1 Love the hair! Thank you for joining us at iCopic! Good luck and come back soon!
Hugs,
Marie XX