Sunday, January 6, 2013

Homemade light fixture

I saw these really cute light covers that were made out of antique tea cup and saucers and thought I love to have one but just couldn't bring myself to drill a hole in an antique so I thought I'd just stop by the Clay Cafe in Truro and see if I could make own.  When I told my husband what I wanted to do he gave that that look that said "it sounds crazy" but good luck.  So when I got the the Cafe I thought the ladies there would think I was loosing my mind when I asked them to drill a hole in the the tea cup and saucer.  Instead they were actually excited to see how it would turn out.  So here it is and hubby loves it!  And it's a good thing because I needed him to do the wiring :)
Front
 Back
 inside
 All together

2 comments:

featheredheaven said...

OMG!!!
Melyssa, I am so in love with this! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE IT! What a wonderful idea! And it turned out just gorgeous!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Melyssa!! These are Awesome!!! What a Super idea! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon