I've been waiting a while to announce this!! Now I can officially tell you that I made the Design Team for the Twinery.
I saw an adorable bag on Pinterest and just happened to have some burlap.
1. I used the bunny cut files from Whimsie Doodles and enlarged it to 4 inches and cut it from vinyl. I figured the vinyl would be great because it's sticky. You want the bunny to be completely cut through.
2. Stick the stencil on onto the burlap bag.
3. Use a stiff brush and white acrylic paint to fill in the "blank" area of the bunny.
4. I started from the outside edge and worked my way in.
*make sure there is a scrap of paper under the burlap because paint will leak through.
5. Then peel off the stencil
6. I was impatient so I used my hair dryer to dry the paint. Or you can just let it dry on it's own. Acrylic paint doesn't take very long to dry.
This is a photo of the back side, some of the thicker areas of paint came through the burlap.
7. I picked up some pink Gelato on my still wet with white paint brush (just scribble some pink on the backing -slippery side of the vinyl stencil)
and rubbed it in a circular motion to create blush.
I used Strawberry Solid twine to decorate this bag.
Die cut a tag, stamp sentiment and wrap the Strawberry twine around the top to finish it off.
Solid Strawberry and Caribbean Solid twine from the Twinery
Twine-Caribbean and Strawberry Solid:The Twinery
Cardstock-Kraft, baby pink, and blue: PTI
Bunny SVG: Whimsie Doodles
Burlap bag was hand stitched because I couldn't find the cord to my sewing machine :
Why not meet the rest of the team??
http://www.fantastink.blogspot.com/ <= You are here
Returning Designers for 2014
Monika Wright - Sr Designer
Jamie Cripps - Sr Designer
Ashley Bores - Sr Designer